Pak Kyongni Literary Park
1, Toji-gi, Wonju-si, Gangwon-do
The Pak Kyongni Literary Park has become a new famous attraction in Wonju as it continues to attract nationwide fans of novelist Pak Kyongni. This is a pak created with the theme of her epic novel "Toji", a monumental work in Korean literature. With various spaces that reproduce the places appearing in the novel, the pak enables visitors to explore the novel and the literary world of the writer. The house of the novelist still keeps the space where she wrote the novel and the garden and trees that she took care of, helping visitors better understand her life and work.
- Operating hours: 10:00-17:00
- Closed on: January 1/ Seol Day/ Chuseok Day/ 4th Monday of every month
- Facilities: Pak Kyongni's House, Pak Kyongni Literary House, Book Café, Hong-i Dongsan, Yongdurebeol, Pyeongsa-ri Madang
- Pak Kyongni's House: The place where the writer completed the novel "Toji". The house still has the pond that she created for her grandchildren and the garden that she took care of.
- Hong-i Dongsan: A garden where children can run and play freely. The name of the garden came from “Hong-i”, a main child character in the novel.
Pak Kyongni's “Toji”
“Toji”, a monumental work in contemporary Korean literature, is an epic novel consisting of 5 parts and 16 volumes that were completed the writer's 16 years of commitment. It is praised as a masterpiece that sheds light on the lives of the Korean people from the late 19th century to the mid-20th century and explores the true meaning of human life.